Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Naganeupseong Folk Village




Naganeupseong Folk Village harmonized with prominent mountain and beautiful river of Suncheon, is proud cultural heritage that shows naive citizen's characters symbolically, which is the only one in the world.

As the town with a historic background, where our ancestor's spirit is alive, was protected overcoming the national crisis wisely, the town has valuable heritage to hand down to our descendants and many cultural asset, specially, inhabitants personally reside at thatched house.

Naganeupseong Folk Village located at Nagan-myeon Suncheon was the castle built on the wide plain, is the valuable Korean cultural heritage, inside fortress old village function like government office and more than 100 thatched house, state of common people living traditional residence space can be seen and felt today.




The history of Nagan is recorded in 『DonggukYeojiSunglam』,『DaedongYeojiji』,『YeojiDoseo』,『Sejongsilok Jiriji』and Nagan pr0vincial paper 『Upsunsangan Happyun』and, 『Noindangki』

Nagan was Shinbunhwalguk among the 54 country of Mahan in Samhan Period in the far past, it was called Paji-castle in Baekje Period, Bullyung-gun in Unified Shilla Period, Yangak, Nagan in Goryeo Period, Nagangun also in Joseon Period, Nagan-myeon in the years of Sunjong of Joseon, unified with Suncheon, presently it became Nagan-myeon Suncheon.

General fortress is built on the mountain or coast, on the contrary, the characteristics of Nagan Fortress Town is the fortress built in the middle of plain, made with made with outside and inside is constructed with stone.






It is the fortress town that is on the Nagan plain, looking history, it is handed down that when Japanese pirates invaded in 6th year of Taejo of Joseon, a general Kim, Bin-Gil gathering volunteers, constructing wall of earth, conquered the Japanese pirates, after that general Im Gyeong-Up proceeding to Nagan governor (May 1626 ~ March 1628) in the 4th year of Injo reconstructed stone wall, but according to volume Sejong of the real record of Joseon Dynasty, in the 9th year of Sejong,

Jeolado governor offers public reports started to reconstruct stone wall.
As the years go by, specially after Korean War, damaged severely, June 14 1983, with Fortress and village(Dongnae-ri, Namnae-ri and Seonae-ri) being appointed as historical site for the first time in Korea, from 1984, through 3∼4 years, it was restored perfectly, the rest only around east gate(Nakpoonlu), south gate(Ssangcheonglu) was restored.

























text source http://www.nagan.or.kr/english/

No comments:

Video